To write every day, it would be great to have some support or writing prompts. So, here they are: 30-days writing challenge with 30 Writing Prompts help you write every day.
And you can use some of these prompts for more than a day.
Why 30 prompts?
Because when you write regularly for 30 days, it becomes a habit. You would feel it easy to continue afterward. The first 30 days are crucial.
Without much ado..let’s get to the prompts.
Let’s start with easy ones.
1. What you had for breakfast? Dinner? Lunch? [pick one depending on the time of the day you write, and you can also try this prompt at a different time of the day]
2. What makes you smile? What makes you happy? What makes you laugh? [you can write about the event, memory, person, movie]
3. What’s your favorite food/dish/drink/movie/book/place? [You’ve got plenty of variations with this one]
4. What’s your wish? Write about one.
5. What’s on your shopping wish list and how do you like to spend money.
6. Who are you missing dearly?
7. What’s your daily habits and routine?
8. What’s the time of day it is right now? What do you usually do at this time each day? What are people around you doing?
9. How do you like to spend your free time? Alone or with a company? Why?
10. Who’s your favorite teacher? How has he influenced you?
11. What are the things you can’t live without?
12. Imagine you can interview anyone real or fictional. What questions would you ask him or her?
13. Have you done something you didn’t want to do? What’s that? And why did you do that?
14. If you could choose only one skill to master, which one would you pick? Why?
15. Write about 5 items on your bucket list.
16. What do you want to achieve? How you’re planning to achieve it?
17. Write about your mentor. What’s the greatest lesson you learned from him/her?
18. Write about something you know you should do, but you aren’t doing.
19. What are the 5 things you will always be thankful for
20. What’s the achievement you’re most proud of
21. What are the 5 Lessons you learned while [you’re in college/job/relationship]
22. Do you have complaints about something or anything? What are they?
23. What are the 5 things you can/should stop worrying about
24. If you could undo something you’ve done in the past, correct it, what would be that?
25. Imagine you’re going to a job interview for the
time. How do you feel? Write it down
26. Imagine you get 100K tomorrow, and you can do anything you want or spend as you wish. What’ll do with it? How’ll you spend?
27. Write about the moment or time you came close to reaching a goal. Did you achieve it or not?
28. What are the first 5 words that pop into your head? Write them down and use them all in a story, or journal entry or an email.
29. When do you feel scared or what scares you? How do you handle that?
30. Imagine if your mirror started talking to you? What will it say to you or ask you?
5 bonus prompts:
– Why do you want to blog?
– Write about your favorite blogger? What you’ve learned from him/her?
– Is the glass half-full, or half-empty?
– Three people walk into the [bar/hotel/park/]…
– Write about a recent journey you took either a physical one or an emotional one.
There you go… pick the one you like and write about it.
Remember, don’t miss a day.
In the next Blog, let’s talk about how to come up with ideas for your blog post.